Saturday 20 December 2014

Florida training

It's that lovely time of year where the work load increases. In all manners of the expression: work, training, and of course Christmas "errands." With the hustle and bustle of the daily life, and Christmas being added to this, the anxiety can be over consuming. Saying no to the treats being brought to work is a hard concept to swallow. HA.

The last two months have had a lot of anxiety.  I've switched teams, started working seven days a week, and have brought a lot of new things in to my life. It's not just having one thing, it's having all of them be  cumulative.  With my need for control it makes things a tad bit interesting.

I struggle with anxiety. Okay I said it. I think a little bit differently than your average person. I work constantly at doing my best to control it. Sometimes it slips through.  You need the right people in your life who know how to handle you and this minor issue for it to flow easily.  More work to be done, always of course. 

My point that I was sliding in to.. I am currently in Florida for a training camp with Tyrone's group. I was getting burnt out with the busy schedule I was keeping. I have faith that January will be less stressful, especially coming in to it from this camp.  It's going to be a great trip to learn some new things, and having all the time in the world to do it. 

This camp will encompass great biomechanics, healthy eating, the perfect warm weather for sprint training, and hopefully a safe return from a level 1 calf strain from almost three weeks ago.

The strain put a big hamper in my training, but It's better it happened now and not in March. The last thing I need is to be plagued by another injury. Speaking of which, the achilles have held up tough.. Gerry Ramogida is the best physical therapist! I can't say enough about him and the rest of the Fortius Institute. 

I flew in yesterday, and today was a shake out day with warm up and drills. We are heading into tomorrow with likely some light tempo RAWR.

I'm very happy to be here, and I am slowly unwinding from a very busy December.  This is super good for me.

M out

No comments:

Post a Comment