Friday 31 July 2015

Resilience in The Face of Adversity..

Over time we endure problems a long our paths. It's how we react to these adversities that defines us.

I'm not a well liked person. I'm strong, I do what I want, I speak my mind, and if there is something I want to achieve, I go and do it. Why wait? It's so close, just push yourself to get there. I don't care if you don't like me, because I'm achieving my goals..



It's been a year now with injuries on and off. I figured out the weight needs to go. I have 18 more pounds to go and I'm getting there. It's steps, albeit small, in the right direction.



People constantly tell me things such as:

You're too old.
You won't make it.
You work too much to excel in track.
Why waste your money on it.

But they don't know who they are talking to. I don't follow the typical person. Nor do I follow the typical athlete profile. No one is predisposed to being a certain way. It's created and refined. I WILL push my envelope and get it done.



Nothing in life was invented following the same thing that was always done.. so why would I do what everyone else does?

Dream big and keep your thoughts bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment